The Queensland Premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, will be the headline speaker at Australia’s biggest online renewable energy event on May 6, 2020, the Renewables Stimulus Summit.
The Stimulus Summit: A Renewables-Led Economic Recovery will bring together state and territory energy ministers, industry and community leaders, and prominent academics to outline a roadmap for simultaneously revitalising and decarbonising Australia’s economy.
“We have to tackle the COVID-19 economic crisis and the climate crisis at the same time or we will lurch from one major problem to another,” Smart Energy Council CEO John Grimes said.
“This is Australia’s moment to modernise and grow the economy, create hundreds of thousands of new, future-proof jobs and position Australia as a global renewable energy superpower,” Mr Grimes said.
Keynote speakers at the free online Stimulus Summit include:
- Queensland Premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk;
- State and Territory Energy Ministers
- Bill Johnston, WA Minister for Energy
- Dan van Holst Pellekaan, SA Minister for Energy
- Shane Rattenbury, ACT Minister for Climate Change & Sustainability;
- Lily D’Ambrosio, VIC Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change
- Professor Ross Garnaut, Australia’s pre-eminent economist;
- Innes Willox, CEO of the Australian Industry Group;
- The CEOs of the Australian Conservation Foundation, Climate Council, Climate Works, Carbon Market Institute, Farmers for Climate Action and Beyond Zero Emissions; and
- The CEOs of Hydro Tasmania and JET Charge and other renewables industry leaders.
More than 3000 people have already registered for the Stimulus Summit.