Ergon Energy’s call for an additional 150MW in renewable energy generation has sparked interest from a range of projects across regional Queensland.
More than 2000MW of capacity from 51 projects has been put forward by 22 proponents, and seven projects are now being considered.
The quality and size of the shortlisted projects will allow regional Queensland’s electricity operator to secure a long-term supply of Large-scale Generation Certificates by establishing PPAs with those deemed the best.
The shortlisted projects are:
• Mount Emerald Wind Farm – Mt Emerald Wind Farm
• Ratch-Australia Corporation – Collinsville Solar Farm
• Forsayth Wind Farm (Infigen) – Forsayth Wind Farm
• Cleveland Power (Darwalla Group) – Mount Cotton Biomass Project (chicken litter)
• FRV Services – Clare Solar Farm
• FRV Services – Lilyvale Solar Farm
• Lyon Infrastructure Investments – Cooktown Solar
Companies that have not been successful may have an opportunity through subsequent Ergon Energy initiatives or other renewable programs being run by the Queensland Government and ARENA.
Ergon Energy is looking to partner with new renewable energy projects with companies in the renewable energy space who have demonstrated their projects will contribute significantly to Ergon Energy Retail meeting its Renewable Energy requirements.