Mike Cannon-Brookes, a major renewables investor and CEO and co-founder of Atlassian, will be a keynote speaker at the National Smart Energy Summit at the Sydney Hilton on December 10.
Mr Cannon-Brookes will be in conversation with Simon Holmes a Court, Director of the Smart Energy Council and Senior Adviser to Melbourne University’s Energy Transition Hub.
Related article: EnergyAustralia launches subscription plans
Last week Mr Cannon-Brookes announced that early stage funding had been secured for the $20 billion Sun Cable project, which will include a 10 gigawatt solar farm and 22 gigawatt hour battery storage project, with a cable to deliver the output to Singapore and beyond.
Mr Cannon-Brookes joins an extraordinary line-up of speakers, including:
• Malcolm Turnbull, former Prime Minister;
• Audrey Zibelman, CEO Australian Energy Market Operator;
• Matt Kean, NSW Minister for Energy and Environment;
• Ian Learmonth, CEO Clean Energy Finance Corporation;
• Professor Martin Green and Dr Zhengrong Shi; and
• CEOs and senior executives from Cbus Super, IKEA, QBE Insurance and more.
Related article: Australian governments back National Hydrogen Strategy