- This event has passed.
NEM Future Forum 2017
Oct 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am - Nov 1, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
External forces, like new technology, consumer preferences and decarbonisation of the grid, are driving significant changes in the NEM.
From the organisers of Australian Energy Week, the 4th annual NEM Future Forum, held from October 30 to November 1 in Sydney, will dive deep into this issue and examine how the NEM will evolve.
During three days, the forum will bring together industry experts to examine the key trends and technologies driving change and the interplay between them. It’s an unparalleled opportunity to hear firsthand from utilities at the forefront of technological advancement and the policy makers shaping the regulatory landscape.
The NEM Future Forum will address the key challenges being faced by all stakeholders in the NEM:
- Analyse how ongoing policy uncertainty is harming the industry and determine the steps needed to create a more functional market and better climate for future investment.
- Gain insights into the potential impact of distributed generation on traditional utilities.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of integrating solar generation into the NEM.
- Explore the latest developments in battery storage technologies and the opportunities and threats this could create for current market participants.
- Understand how new technologies and smart meters will change retail and consumer relationships.
- Discover how to encourage cost reflective consumer behaviour through better regulation and economic incentives to benefit all market participants.